First two foals of 2011

Eothain

Visit site
Did I not put the info under the photos? Oopsie!!! Click them individually to see them better

The bay colt is by Puissance out of a Duca Di Busted X Laughton's Flight mare. That's your traditional Irish performance pedigree right there!!! Hopefully he'll continue to impress me every day and be worth keeping entire as Puissance has no stallion sons.

The black/grey guy is by the now deceased KWPN stallion Vechta out of a Ojasper (KWPN) X Flagmount King X Euphenism mare. That's the mare who you may or may not remember had a stillborn foal on me last year. I said this year if the foal was good but not great I wasn't going to breed her again because there's fierce hassle with her as this year her placentitus was returning but we beat it back! Unfortunately the foal is fantastic and therefore, I feel duely obliged to hold on to her and breed her again and continue to do so until I get a filly out of her.
KWPN X KWPN X RID X TB <- Classic Irish breeding right there!!!

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
KWPN X KWPN X RID X TB <- Classic Irish breeding right there!!!

:D I've got one of those myself - just starting to get serious about eventing! He's by Lombardo - who was graded KWPN but was actually pure Selle Francais - and by Quidam de Revel!! His dam was an ISH mare by Errigal Flight out of a TB mare by Callernish. Obviously he came from Ireland - bred by Ronan Tynan in Co Kilkenny! He is to DIE for! I always say he has the best of French and the best of Irish!

The female line is: Lady Lucia xErrigal Flight xKing of Diamonds - so we named him Marmalade Sky (he's chestnut!)

HE tempts me - more than anything else - to think of putting my two AID mares (full sisters) to a WB stallion rather than to the RID. I've only bred the one, and she's had two lovely colts (geldings!) - but of course THEY'RE AID - and there's a bit of snobbishness about the lower grade (even in a gelding!) If the ruddy things would have fillies it would be ok - as they could be graded RID (if we finally sort out all the ins and outs with HSI and the new rules) - but of course they never have what you WANT!

Do you know of a stallion called Commandeer (sire of the TB mare who was one of the 4 grand-parents of these mares.) She came over with no papers - but hurdle raced and point-to-pointed with some success.

And you DID put the details below the pics - I was so busy admiring the foals I didn't scroll down far enough! The grey mare REALLY shows her ID roots - I'd been looking at a friend's pics and I thought for a moment she was an RID mare he has! :D (Particularly as your colt has THAT face marking - and his foal off his grey mare has the same sire as MY foal with a heart shaped star (are you keeping up!:rolleyes:) Anyway - I still LOVE the bay colt and I hope he lives up to his impressive start!

And well done on getting a live foal from your 'difficult' mare - and such a nice one! I hope I end up being successful with MY most 'difficult' mare (who is a full sister to Drumrii and to the dam of Diamond Design.) Bloody thing twins - and loses the second after we pinch one, or hangs onto one to about 40 days, and then loses it - or comes into season - almost - then goes out again without being 'safe' to cover! I've had her 'in foal' 6 times in 2 years - and still nothing to show for it!

Eothain

Visit site
Vechta? He's a heavy cob stallion that produces good plough horses! The amazing thing is, even though his mother was busy having another bout of placentitus, he was actually a twin originally. Luckily, the pinch didn't bother him!!!

Lark

Visit site
Two gorgeous foals Eothain congratulations.
To get a pretty Puissance is an even bigger bonus:) The Vechta is stunning.