First winter with new pony - give me all your tips please!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I wear running tights under jeans/jodhpur, more comfortable but keep me super warm!

I also have a hot water bottle that I can tie around my waist

cold nights lambing I would wear running tights, jeans, leggings on top, overalls, 2 long sleeve tops, 2 fleeces and a long mark Todd coat and I wasn’t cold sleeping in a barn in 1-2*

wearing hair in braids if it’s raining helps it not be awful to de-knot

rechargeable head torch that I can charge In the car
? your not working fast enough if you can do it with all that on ?

Edited! Apologies I didn’t read it properly! I thought you were mucking out horses like that. Perfectly understandable for night lambing!

Winters100

Visit site
Do you have a thermal mug suggestion? So many aren’t any good and I have a cupboard full of those! My one really good one was a freebie from VW. As you say still very hot hours later but it’s cross threaded and starting to leak a bit :(

They are a bit expensive but the only travel mugs that I have found to be truly leak proof and keep drinks hot for a long time are the ones from Contingo https://www.amazon.co.uk/Contigo-Au...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

I have had the same one for about 4 years and have bought several as gifts

Peglo

Visit site
Do you have a thermal mug suggestion? So many aren’t any good and I have a cupboard full of those! My one really good one was a freebie from VW. As you say still very hot hours later but it’s cross threaded and starting to leak a bit :(
Sorry op!
Second the decent head torch, not sure how I managed before discovering them!
Instead of big warm winter coats last year I bought a good thin waterproof/s which I layer over a gilet or decathlon quilted jacket (about £30 and my favourite most worn item!)
The thinner top layer is easier to dry, stash in carrier bags in the car etc and the inner ones easier to wash.

Not a mug but a chilli bottle is so good for hot and cold. I wouldn’t be able to use my chilli bottle for hot though as it keeps things too hot ?

EnduroRider

Visit site
Aladdin travel mugs are the only ones I will buy now. A proper leakproof, locking lid and stay hot really well There are various colours/styles on Amazon.

meleeka

Visit site
rubber floor mats and waterproof seat covers, much easier to contain the wet and dirt. I have a moisture thingy in my car so that I’m not always clearing the windscreen when I get in, scraping ice off the inside is never fun. Pingi Dehumidifier Car And Home LV-A300 - Absorbs Moisture Condensation Damp Keeping Windscreens Clear - One Reusable 299 g Bag https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I3...abc_R4KX5G3EF1TT7A8DAMJ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1