First year of horse ownership - a breeze or a roller coaster!

twilight01

Visit site
Hi

Just wondering what other peoples first year of horse ownership has been like? Mine (although not made it a full year yet) has been a huge roller coaster from injury to nearly loosing her and all started the day I brought her home. However she is fab and worth it just hoping it gets easier!!

Last edited:

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
First horse it wasn't as easy as a breeze but looking back it was nice never had problems apart from her being a mood mare :rolleyes: and as time went on we achived so much. Second horse is been problem after problem and we still are trying to find whats wrong with him now! don't you just love horses?:p

nikki-lynne

Visit site
My first year with my mare was a breeze! She is soo chilled and laid back! The only thing I had to worry bout was the person who's field I had her in decided to sell to gypsys and they were going to put their stallions on! A run around to find a livery yard wasnt fun

zaminda

Visit site
I always look back and think it was a breeze with my pony, then think about some of the things that happen and feel quite sick! Some years everything seems to fall into place, others its an uphill struggle. Things don't change!

1Lucie

Visit site
Oohh a rollercoaster. Not nearly as much as you tho!!!

Problems keeping neds weight on, getting his feed right. In 6 months we're on our 2nd livery yard! Probs with tack fitting! Arggh ive shed many tears!