fish

what typeofhorseracing do you prefer!

• Total voters

Rambo

Visit site
Horses routinely get Cod Liver Oil with no ill side-effects. I believe some of the joint supplements contain fish based protein too, but again they only seem to do good things for my boy(s).

lets face it, if horses could hold fishing rods, they'd probably be quite partial to a little salmon fillet themselves
wink.gif

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
doens't bother me but I offered my pony a feed with cod liver oil in it and she nosed through it with a disgusted expression on her face then tipped it over the floor.
crazy.gif

My friend's pony did the same thing so we have come to the conclusion that cod liver oil doesn't taste very nice.

spaniel

Visit site
I wont knowingly feed a fish product to a horse, just doesnt seem right. But then look at all the weird stuff that gets fed to sheep and cattle....

SummerStorm

Visit site
I use codliver oil as hoof oil (farriers advice and it does work brilliantly!
smile.gif
) but my lad often knocks the pot over and licks all the oil up
crazy.gif
so yes, I do end up of sorts 'feeding' it.

bellgave

Visit site
Im just a bit of a hippy at heart and dont think any a cow should eat sheep, horses should eat fish etc. No wonder they ended up with mad cow disease, its not natural its not as nature intended. I will not feed anything with animal products in it to any of our horses. Im sure Cod Liver oil does horses n harm at all, but because of the above I wont feed it. Also I hate taking it myself, it tastes gross!!!!

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
I would avoid feeding any animal products to a horse unless he needed it, what with being a veggie myself... However, I ride at a place that has a bay horse, 30-something, still fat, dappled, and trekking every day. They swear by cod-liver oil.