Fish4dogs

hobgoblin

Visit site
I have heard that fish 4dogs has drastically changed their ingredients? God knows why as fab food IMO. I bought 8 15kgs sacks last time they were in offer ( 1bag =2 wks) but will need to reorder next week.
I'm going to give them a ring on Monday, but will be really stuck on what to feed if the quality has changed, so what I'm really asking is what foods would be comparable, Skinners is no good as I couldn't keep any weight on the dogs when I tried this several years ago ??

Twizzel

Visit site
I'll follow this with interest as our spaniel loves it... bit loathed to change but if there's anything better quality for the same price we may swap over...

galaxy

Visit site
They have changed. Check out the website. The finest is now not as good but they have introduced a new feed called superior which is better.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
They have changed. Check out the website. The finest is now not as good but they have introduced a new feed called superior which is better.

To my untrained eye.........

Fishmongers (from PAH), seems better value (have compared the Salmon one from both), I know they both do other fish varieties -

Fishmongers Salmon & Potato

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/fish...-salmon-and-potato-10kg-by-pets-at-home-58386

Fish4Dogs Finest Salmon -

http://www.fish4dogs.com/Products/Salmon-Complete-4-Dogs.aspx

galaxy

Visit site
Agreed the FINEST range is now not so good. But the new range SUPERIOR is only a few £ more and much better

Salmon (Min 27%), Potato (Min 27%), Salmon Meal (15.3%), Pea (16.6%), (Starch 15.3%) Pea Fibre 1.3%, Salmon Oil (9.2%), Salmon Digest (1.8%), Seaweed Meal, Yeast Extract, Malt Extract, Potassium Chloride, Green-lipped Mussel Extract, Spirulina

I've also never paid anywhere near that RRP. If you shop around online you can get it a whole lot cheaper.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Agreed the FINEST range is now not so good. But the new range SUPERIOR is only a few £ more and much better

Salmon (Min 27%), Potato (Min 27%), Salmon Meal (15.3%), Pea (16.6%), (Starch 15.3%) Pea Fibre 1.3%, Salmon Oil (9.2%), Salmon Digest (1.8%), Seaweed Meal, Yeast Extract, Malt Extract, Potassium Chloride, Green-lipped Mussel Extract, Spirulina

I've also never paid anywhere near that RRP. If you shop around online you can get it a whole lot cheaper.

Fishmongers still looks much better value to me....... Only 3% less Salmon 0.2% less Salmon Oil and 11.6% more Salmon Meal (whilst I have no idea what Salmon Meal is :eek: it has got to be better for dogs than Pea...no?).

Salmon Meal (min 27%), Potato (min 27%), Salmon (min 24%), Salmon Oil (min 9%), Sugar Beet Pulp, Salmon Digest (min 2%), Minerals, Brewers Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Methionine, Mannan-Oligosaccharides, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, Yucca Extract, L-Carnitine, Beta Carotene.

Suzie86

Visit site
Oh pants! Luckily we have a huge sack which lasts ages but I'll definitely have a proper look before ordering the next one! We are getting a second dog next weekend anyway so I think we may need to investigate a cheaper alternative.

galaxy

Visit site
I think they may be about the same. The pah bags are smaller at 10kgs compared to 12kgs and going by my quick math it looks like you have to feed a bit more going on recommended amount?? I only pay around £36 for fish4dogs.