Fit of Amigo M/W turnouts - do they come up small

porkpie

Visit site
As the thread says - I've only got experience of an Amigo L/W and I thought that came up a touch short. Anyone got any experience as I need a new M/W T/O and there are some good deals on their 1200D version which is quite tempting. So many M/W seem to be only 600D outer and I'm just not convinced that they will be quite as waterproof as one made of 1200D or above - I'm talking all makes of rug in general here, not just Amigo.

All comments welcome - thank you!

MissChaos

Visit site
I've got the MW 1200d and I'd say a bit small, yes - ordered a 5'9 for my 14.1hh Connie and was shocked at how small it came up. 6'0 is fine (if anything, would lose an inch off it but definitely couldn't have used the 5'9).

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Yes, I always use a size up with Horseware rugs. :)

You can get the Amigo MW in 1200d (I have two ;) ) and it is more waterproof than 600d.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Ooh in looking for one, are they on sale somewhere? Can I be cheeky and ask you to pm me where Please!! I find them to come up a bit small I always go a size bigger than normal!

porkpie

Visit site
Ahhh, its as I thought then - I'll go the next size up - would rather a T/O was a touch big than small - nothing worse than a damp bottom!

Thanks all.

lindsayH

Visit site
Yes, my horse normally needs a 6'3" or 6'6" and needed a 6'9" amigo. For the record, I bought a 600D and a 1200D in the autumn and they are both equally waterproof. However, the 600D already has several repairs and seems to tear as easily as tin foil! Wouldn't buy another, I think some of the cheaper 600Ds are better. Both also rub a little at the withers, but the 1200D is a good rug and I would buy another.

traceyann

Visit site
My amigo rug is falling to bits as well lineing split at the seams one metal clip broke im really disappointed with it he not even a rug ripper only been in it three months.

noblesteed

Visit site
I am on my 3rd Amigo 600D rug this year due to my cheeky rug ripper, I am not buying any more as I think they rip too easily. They come up small on him too, his bum sticks out a bit.

1Lucie

Visit site
Ummm i dont totally agree. Maybe a tad small. My boy is 6ft 6 and his amigo is 6ft 6. He is an ISH and more on irish draft end.

I also have a derby house HW which i got in sale in 6ft 6 which is slightly bigger than amigo and more true to size.

Out of the two id choose amigo 1200D, altho my boy has pretty much trashed it now, it lasted a dam sight longer than derby house one which lasted 48hours before the chest clips snapped.