Fitz and Chunks winning up Norf

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Today was Fitz and Chunks first comp since moving up here and the start of our winter regional qualification mission for Fitz at Novice and Chunks at Medium. So off we went to Aldham Mill (along with most of our yard!).

Fitz has really improved in the 3 weeks we have been here thanks to some excellent help. He really pulled it out of the bag today, to win both (fairly large) Novice classes open & overall on 71% and 70%. Thrilled does not decribe....and there is still room for improvement in all three paces. Had lots of admirers in the warm up too. :D :D :D so, thats 12 of the 20 points we need....he will go back out next weekend to try and finish the Q off.

Chunks did the only Medium on offer and despite a toady moment in the walks piris where he decided "canter?" "canter?" until I actually asked for canter and he said "****** off". Little arguement was had, sanity regained..... So, felt quite happy with 64.4% and a win. Lots more to come from Chunquito. When he stops being an opinionated so and so, that is!

Few vids and pics, but to be honest F514 is a useless photographer!

Fitz little baby leg yield

Chunks

IMG_1216.jpg

Chunks half steps

IMG_1223.jpg

Winning Fitzenburger. All smug & grown up standing on the truck for 4 hrs once he'd finished (with a mare!! :eek: )
IMG_1268.jpg

Would offer meatballs and pesto...but I ate them :rolleyes:

nikkimariet

Visit site
They both look brilliant :) and what fantastic scores! But you do need to train your camera slave better ;)

Glad the move up Norf is going well!

Sneedy

Visit site
Must've been an ugly mare ;)!!!!!!

Well done, you must be chuffed!! Love the Chunkster!! I managed to complete my winter Q yesterday :) :)!!!!