Five different tests in one day??!!!

evsj

Visit site
Just checked my times for a dressage comp I am doing this weekend and noticed that one competitor is doing five different classes!!!

Is it just me that struggles to remember two tests on one day....let alone five!?!

I know some people do dressage so often they get to know the tests off by heart but surely I can't be the only one who would get things totally muddled up?
blush.gif

SteveGG

Visit site
Lst weekend I did 4 different tests but I do struggle to remember them. I got OH to act as reader although this does tend to lead to arguments - especially when she missed reading out one movement !

tigers_eye

Visit site
I'm not too bad with tests, but where I can get into trouble is showjumping in several consecutive classes if they leave the fences in the same places but change the order for each class. I may have eliminated myself once or twice in my 4th class of the day when brain fade sets in!

dozzie

Visit site
I cant do more than two unless its same test on different horses. Im not too bad if its a prelim or novice and it does get easier if you do the tests regulary. But I struggle to remember one elementary!!! I think its an age thing!!
crazy.gif

Taboo1968

Visit site
I've done five in one day before, but knew the first two off by heart, had a vague idea of the third one and hadn't got a clue on the last two so had the last three read!

Partoow

Visit site
Have done six in a day and three have been championship tests. Must admit it is a bit of a brain frazzel.
Saying that i've had days where i've only been doing 2 and have been going to my self 'turn left, turn left...' and i've tracked right!!! Whats that all about?
Some tests are much easier to remember and if you have a bad time with one particular test i find it always stays difficult to get right for ever after.