Fix up, Look Sharp's Novice BD debut

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Fitz had his first novice outing at the weekend, was a very good boy and didnt really put a foot wrong, only problem being the size of his canter in a 20x40 arena.... He managed to get through both tests though and came second in the open section, still lots to work on like getting the canter a bit more collected and controlled and the downward transitions a bit easier, but not bad for a babyish 5yr old.

Not much else to say but had to post this pic, which we bought and have permission to post, as just caught his personality perfectly....

Fitz.jpg

And then warming up...

fitz2.jpg

Now he will have couple of months of training and probably yet more growing, before he goes out again, as was so relaxed about the whole thing we dont need to keep competing him.

Thanks for reading

:)

Bills

Visit site
Wow, he has a lovely head on him. And well done on the result, sounds like he is going to have a very promising future :)

4faults

Visit site
Such a gorgeous head. Well done for the result. How big is he? Mine seems to have finally finished going upward rising 8 years old and is just about touching 18 hands. Have had to be so careful how much we do with her

nikkimariet

Visit site
Well done!!

You'd think he was a little pony from that headshot, and then you see the rest of him in the next one :eek: he's huge!! And very lovely :)

TarrSteps

Visit site
Cheeky little face. :).

He looks like he's coming on very well. Glad to see you happy in your "new" career - it looks like you'll both go far.

rowy

Visit site
Well done! He looks fab! I sympathise with the big canter in a small arena thing as my 15hh 5 year old struggles enough. I cant imagine how much worse it would be with a 17hh!