Fixing leather boots

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
I have a real nice pair of leather boots that are cracked and split, I've taken them to a few local cobblers who said they are not worth saving but there's loads of life left in them and they cost over £1000 new.

Does anyone know any online repairers that would be able to fix this? Please :(

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
Every time you use leather boots you should condition them with a proper leather conditioner. Try to clean them up as best you can and apply layer and layer of boot conditioner over several days, or even weeks- just rub it in whilst you're on the sofa watching TV of an evening- until they stop taking the conditioner in and look really shiney. Then take them back to the cobblers.

They may require the 'foot' replacing which is an expensive job, but not impossible- the will look odd for a little while as the leathers won't match. It is impossible to patch a split in leather- it will look like you've dropped something on your foot!

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
I don't mind too much if it's looks a little 'different' they were gifted to me like this and are such good quality that I want to save them for myself

Goldenstar

Visit site
I sent my OH's lovely but ancient brown boots to a chap who advertises in the back of H&h did a great job worth a look to see if his ad is there.