Fleece lined brushing boots

wiglet

Visit site
I use neoprene lined boots but.... they make my horses legs very sweaty and she's getting a few rub marks. Would fleece lined boots be any better? Am thinking they will not rub her but she'll still get damp legs?

I can get away with no boots if we just have a quiet hack but, schooling and fast hacking requires boots.

I know New Equine Wear do fleecy boots but they are rather expensive... anyone know of a good, more cost effective boot?

Thank Q

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
I have a full set of the NEW fleece boots and they are great. I think mine are about 15 years old, but still look like new, even without washing. If it is really hot then her legs do get hot, but I think they are less sweaty than friends horse who wears neoprene. H has never been rubbed and she is quite sensitive. Also I like that nothing gets under them like dirt or grit.

I'm sure there are cheaper versions out there, but I would definitely recommend the NEW ones, though I had a lot more disposable cash back then!

Princess Rosie

Visit site
I can recommend harrys horse flexitrainer boots, they do matching overreach boots with bling on (if you like bling!), they're sheepskin/fleece lined and very hard wearing and wash easy.

wiglet

Visit site
The Harrys Horse ones look lovely but, I do have concerns about the white sheepskin/fleece becoming grubby very quickly. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy some NEW ones.... although it is tempting to get the Harrys Horse ones for schooling/special occasions only :)