flexible stirrups

luie123

Visit site
Hi, I have started getting ankle and hip pain on longer rides and wondered if flexible stirrups would help. My budget doesn't stretch to the sprenger ones, so I was think the thorowgood T6 ones, or there are other about £20 on ebay. Can anyone offe any advise on what to, or not to buy?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I've recently started riding in Sprenger stirrups (though I'm sure the Shires ones do the job just as well
smile.gif
) and they don't feel any different than regular stirrups for riding (I was worried they might feel 'wobbly' somehow!). It's probably a bit early to tell for sure, but so far I've not had any knee pain.

jemmeg

community.webshots.com
I ride in the Sprenger's and I can not praise them enough. I do long hacks up to 4 and 5 hours. Before I got these my knee's would be singing at the end of a long ride but now they are great. I found the cheaper options didnt help you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

eventergirl87

Visit site
I love my sprenger ones ...... help with keeping the heel down and less concussion on joints is a god send.

havent tried any off the cheaper altertentives personally so could not coment.

gally

Visit site
i have the cheapish £20 one and i can saythey are brilliant, like you i used to suffer terribly with regular stirrups (to the point that my ligaments went in my right knee, and i also suffer with dislocating kneecaps) and have not had a problem since i changed my stirrups.

Think my ones where £20 from townfield saddlery at olympia last year