Flick has had a stroke ☹️☹️☹️☹️

{97702}

Visit site
God what a roller coaster this is, I really love my dogs too much 🙄

I had to go to work yesterday afternoon and when I got back Flick was lying on the sofa, she seemed lethargic and not interested in life and she didn’t want to get up. I made her get up and took her out into the garden, she was walking relatively well still and she ate the handful of dog food I offered her. Spoke to the vet, we agreed to review in the morning (I was on the point of taking her down to be PTS as she seemed so unhappy). Flick later ate about 1/3 of her tea and amazingly (!!!) she ate freshly cooked chicken very enthusiastically when I offered it to her 😄

I went to bed and Flick slept on my bed as usual. I was woken by Marty at 2am wanting to go out (thanks Marty!) so I went to let him out, thinking I’d come back to help Flick off the bed and take her outside too. Before I could do that she had jumped off the bed by herself and trotted outside into the garden 😊😊😊😊 She had a wee, had a drink then went back to my bedroom - I offered to lift her onto the bed and she looked at me scornfully and jumped onto the bed by herself 😊

Since then she has done that twice more, she seems so much brighter and happier in herself this morning 😊 I’ve had to go to work again (boo!) so my dog sitter will go in during the day and check on her, I’m so relieved and happy seeing how much she has changed from last night so fingers crossed 😊

Fred66

Visit site
Best wishes for Flick. Our previous dog had a stroke and we thought that he wouldn't make it he was that poorly at the start to the point where we thought it unlikely he would be coming home with us. The vet was really encouraging though and said that dogs have a very high recovery rate from strokes and that the chances were within a week he would be almost back to full health and he was so right.