Flies, are they worse than ever

soulfull

Visit site
I know we had a mild winter. But there are more flies than I have ever known

Driving me nuts, never mind poor horses

I sprayed fly spray on my mare before hacking, so the dam things attacked me instead :mad:

must say I was impressed with the spray though:)

L&M

Visit site
They were horrible first thing this morning - my poor lads were covered in bites, especially around their boy 'bit's'.

Seems way too early but maybe because it has been so wet?

soulfull

Visit site
yeah my mare had 2 little bit of blood by her teats last night and those horses without fly masks are being bitten in the ears so badly they are bleeding

EffyCorsten

Visit site
They are pretty bad already because it's been so wet and now it's warm and wet and humid so they are having a field day!! mine have had deosect baths so they are quite happy for now. I'm not I HATE flies :/

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Yes, both me and M were being buzzed yesterday, he ended up with a few bites. Spent yesterday afternoon washing and airing his fly rug and masks. I think as someone already said, everywhere is still quite damp and now its warming up, the flies are loving it :(

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
They were horrible first thing this morning - my poor lads were covered in bites, especially around their boy 'bit's'.

Seems way too early but maybe because it has been so wet?

Same here, my big boy was calling to come in yestereday, he was really itchy and had bite marks and inflammation on his sheath :( nice cold bath and she was better. Fly rug and spray today.

Foxy O

Visit site
We have a mosquito magnet machine that attracts all the biting midges and kills them. It covers one and a half acres and turns itself on and off automatically at a certain temperature and so far this has meant the stables/yard and field in front of the yard are free from biting midges. I also have snuggy bug rugs for when they go in the other fields and they are just amazing.