Flooded yard and stables.

doodle

Visit site
Poor robin was standing in water this morning. I don’t worry about flooding as we are top of the hill. However the sheer volume of water meant water was pouring out of the school and into the yard. Then water was running out of the fields into the (just filled) grain shed, then out again taking the grain with it, through the stable yard and followed on through the farm yard through the bales of hay and straw. Yo was out at 4 am and the water was lying 6 inches deep in the yard. They had to take tractor and catch big bales of straw as they floated away from the field. They have been there 30 years and never seen that ever.

Robin was concerned but ok and pleased to get out. He has a big straw bed and mats. Stable gutted and mats lifted, there was even grain under the mats!

Thankfully it is a lovely sunny day now.

chaps89

Visit site
Gosh, that sounds awful. How heart breaking for the YO too, to lose all that grain and straw etc.
Its hard to comprehend that much water, it's 30 odd degrees down here again today and asides from 2 days of rain a few weeks ago, I'd say we must be getting on for a couple of months without rain now.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I do hope everyone is as alright as can be. Im in the south and its almost impossible to believe its the same country looking at the pics this morning.

bonny

Visit site
The storm raged for about 14 hours. I have never seen anything like it. Constant very loud thunder and lightening with torrential rain. A couple of roads washed away at together round the village. It’s warm tho. Not 30 degree warm but warm.
Whereabouts are you ?

Asha

Visit site
Crikey, that sounds bad.
it started about 10.30 last night, and finally stopped about 02.30 this morning, i know as had to stay up with our dog Wallace. he hates loud noises. He was so scared. Torrential rain about 11.30 ish , never seen rain like it. All the horses where out,but where ok, came in today as they are miserable in the heat.

TPO

Visit site
The weather was crazy, thunder went on solidly all night. At one point it sounded like a bomb exploding in the back garden.

My house and street are ok but neighbouring towns weren't so lucky. The staff carpark at the local hospital flooded and cars were totally submerged.

I had a surveyor here this morning coming from the next town and he phoned back to say that he would be late because all the roads in were closed because of flooding.

The fields at my parents are underwater. Another friend has her whole farm underwater. The rain over, almost, the past 12mths has been unbelievable.

Just as well global warming isnt a thing ?

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I’ve never experienced anything like last night..there was no wind to move the storm on..hours and hours of it. I feel sorry for everyone who was awake then had to get all the kids ready for first day back to school!

Regandal

Visit site
I was night shift last night in Perth and we had an awful night. Water started pouring into the unit just after 2 in the morning as the drains were overwhelmed. Thunder so loud it actually made us jump. Not nice.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Oh wow...the river Devon and Forth are full but even a notorious puddle covering the road hasn’t appeared. All our schools are open..my heart goes out to flooded cars (and stables Robin).

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
That hospital car park looks awful :eek:

We had a storm last night but, like another poster, had no rain. If that wasn't weird enough, the lightning woke me up and kept me awake, I initially thought someone was singing a flashlight round the yard - but no thunder (or if there was it was only a tiny bit that was, "can you hear it, or not?"

I got up twice, defo lightening, but no thunder or rain.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Bloody hell! Hope that the horses were fine and there wasn’t too much damage for you. Where abouts are you? I’m in Bucks and it’s 30+ and not a drop of rain yet

doodle

Visit site
Central Scotland near Perth. We have had plenty rain this summer. It has got to 26 degree today which is plenty hot enough and I think the hottest we have had. Lots of police about guarding flooded roads as people still trying to drive through and getting stuck!

Evie91

Visit site
We had a odd storm last night- loads and loads of lightening, low rumbling thunder - both went on for hours and eventually short sprinkle of rain- which did nothing to cool anything down.
This afternoon had rolling thunder, small shower of rain but beautiful sunshine- no rainbow though.
Dare I say it but could do with a bit of rain- paddocks looking decidedly yellow.
Seems to be real extremes at the mo - drought or flood.

Op - glad your horse was ok, that sounds like some storm! Awful for Y.O

HBB

Visit site
It was absolutely horrific last night, I haven’t seen or heard anything like it. We were pummelled, my paddocks and sheds flooded, thank goodness I haven’t filled my hay shed yet!

My thoughts go out to the families and friends of the victims lost, injured and scarred by today’s rail accident near Stonehaven x

doodle

Visit site
Just said on news 3 people died although only 12 on the train in total. I looked up at the wrong time and saw a picture.

6 sheep hit by lightning at lindores.

I’m just glad today has been so dry to let things drain a little. Still sweeping the stables out and finding grain everywhere. Thankfully yo thinks we will be ok for hay and straw this winter.

Clydiegirl

Visit site
It's been a nightmare here, thunder, lightning and torrential rain all night, town closed as most of it was flooded then the train derailment. Not sure my wee town can cope with much more, really hoping this is 1 time that it doesn't come in 3's. ?.