Floor/bedding mobile field shelter

Asha

Visit site
Weve finally had a lovely new mobile field shelter put up, so now just wondering what flooring / bedding does everyone use ?

Thanks !

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Mine is mud conrol slabs straight onto the ground with sand on top. They are not bedded but I would use the same as in the stables if I did bed them.

honetpot

Visit site
Ooh . I like the look of them . Thank you
I have them in my shed under cows and ponies. Not cheap, but compared to laying a concrete floor, cheaper and quicker, and I would have spent months persuading my husband to spend the money, and not try to do it himself. For the larger pallet load I used 2 builders bags of sand, but they haven't moved, and they are all my own work, laid on an earth floor.

Petalpoos

Visit site
I had a 20cm deep layer of type 1 with rubber mats on top. I used to put shavings in as well, so I put a 30cm high (very substantial) plank across the front to keep the shavings in.

mavandkaz

Visit site
My main one has nothing, just the earth floor. Ponies rarely do anything in there and will only pee in there if we have prolonged heavy rain - it dries out within a day.
The other one has some ballast/shingle in there, more because we had some left over. It is at the bottom of the hill, so a bit wetter and the shingle helps.
I once turned the shelter into a stable when one was on box rest, and bedded down with shavings straight on the floor. It was horrible and got so wet, despite mucking out daily the floor did not get a chance to dry out, and turned to pee soaked mud.