Pictures Flower turns five...

JJS

... and we have our first proper lesson booked for Sunday! I could wax lyrical about how much I love her, but suffice it to say that she's still the best surprise I've ever had.

We've had a hard couple of months between us, after losing our old boy and Flower and Mary's constant companion, but I'm trying to do him proud now by giving myself a kick up the bum and remembering why I love having horses.

So, here is yesterday's birthday girl and her beautiful mum!

And as a baby with her much-loved babysitter - and quite possibly the best pony who's ever lived. You never forget how much it hurts to lose them, but somehow it's still a shock to the system every time.

JJS

This is not possible. I remember your "fat or in foal?" thread like it was yesterday. I was about to say she's turned into an absolute stunner but she always was stunning!

So sorry to read about Uncle Sixpence, he was a little darling.
I honestly feel like I’ve blinked and missed the last five years. I still remember going to the stables on the day I took those initial pictures and thinking “wow, where did that belly come from”. And then those first responses coming in!

Thank you. Six was a truly wonderful soul and the kindest pony I’ve ever met. His loss is still a constant ache inside, even seven weeks down the line, but I feel so lucky to have had the privilege of calling him mine.

Ownedby4horses

Noooooo, I can’t believe she is five!!! Where has the time flown to?? (It feels like a very short time ago I was dropping the training books off to the yard for you)

I love seeing pictures of her and Mary. What a gorgeous pic of you having a best mum squash between them.

I am so very sorry to hear you’ve lost Six, I don’t log on a lot and I must have missed the news. He has always sounded like an amazing pony, he will leave a huge hole in your heart I am sure and I hope you can be kind to yourself, he’s had a wonderful life with you.

It’s made my day seeing Flower (and Mary).

Bradsmum

Sorry to hear about Sixpence, he always looked a gentle soul though no doubt had a cheeky pony side. As for Flower where has that 5 years gone. Happy Birthday Flower, enjoy your birthday present lesson (be good).

rextherobber

So sorry for your loss.
Hope your lesson goes well, Flower is lovely, as is her mum! Cannot believe it's been 5 years...

ycbm

5? How can that be? She's still as wonderful as ever, best bogoff in history!

Errin Paddywack

These years are flying by too fast. I loved following the thread about Flower and still love hearing the updates. You struck very lucky the day you bought Mary. Sorry to hear about your loss of Sixpence.