Flu and isolation measures

racebuddy

Visit site
My horses have always been vaccinated and got done early this yesr to fit in line with the 6 month , horse has mixture of own field and gets turnes out in moxed hers also so has company, howbeer in the last week discovered that some horses not even bacvinated 😡😡😡 obviously keep close eye on my biy ensure no twmp wct , he has just been away competingand he has own stable with no contact to other horses plus he has gone in his own field and will be kept close eye on given the recent flu warnings , it makes me mad that some people dodnt even vaccinate but h

Velcrobum

Visit site
My horses have always been vaccinated and got done early this yesr to fit in line with the 6 month , horse has mixture of own field and gets turnes out in moxed hers also so has company, howbeer in the last week discovered that some horses not even bacvinated 😡😡😡 obviously keep close eye on my biy ensure no twmp wct , he has just been away competingand he has own stable with no contact to other horses plus he has gone in his own field and will be kept close eye on given the recent flu warnings , it makes me mad that some people dodnt even vaccinate but h

??????????????????????????

Peter7917

Visit site
I cant translate that well enough to understand the question. That said its up to the owner if they choose to vaccinate, just as it is if you choose to vaccinate other animals.

I have the ridden one vaccinated purely so we dont have restrictions at shows, however the old ones who are retired aren't.

I think the madness over flu atm is just that, madness.

Nari

Visit site
I'm also not sure what you're saying.

If your horses are vaccinated then they're protected so what is your concern about the others? Just because they aren't vaccinated doesn't mean they have flu, and if they don't have it they can't pass it on. Unless it's your own yard then you can't insist on other people vaccinating, and they may have god reason not to. I don't vaccinate mine because he has had two bad reactions to the vaccine I feel it's too high risk for him.