Flu / tetnus jab time delay

pottamus

Visit site
Hi, does anyone know what sort of time period you can go over from when due for annual booster? My lad is due for his booster just before I go away for a few weeks and ideally I want them done after I get back so that I can exercise him right up to when I go away (he has had lami in the past so want to lessen the time he is out of work).
It would mean him being overdue by 3-4 weeks? Would that mean I would have to start them all again from scratch?
Thanks

be positive

Visit site
They must not go over 365 days to remain in the limits set down for competitions, entrance to showgrounds etc so you would have to start again, although they will still be safe and covered.
Can you not arrange for whoever is looking after them to deal with the vet, if organised in advance the vet should be able to come at a set time, maybe the first visit of the day.

Britestar

Visit site
If you are going to compete him at any point then there is no leeway. If he will never be competed then going over is OK, BUT if you change your mind about comps you'll have to start over with the 3 in the primary course.

Thb not worth it, get him done before you go away.

ticobay831

Visit site
yes if competing you have to have them done before or on the date of the previous.
Just had my loan pony back and the loaners didn't get his jabs done in time and now they have expired, even though it was stated in the loan agreement... im fuming !!!!

Shay

Visit site
Not only competeing. If you plan to take part in an adult or PC camp the vaccinations have to be bang up to date. Or any horse holiday where you want ned to overnight. Lapsed vaccinations can also invalidate your insurance.

If you lapse once - even if it is years later - you will still be barred from competition etc unless you have re-started the course from scratch. Very expensive!

Its probably a bit of a consipracy with the vaccination manufacturers to be honest as protection clearly doesn't end on day 366. But thems the rules!