Flu !!

racebuddy

Visit site
Morning

Full of flu 😷 and ulcers in my mouth , have no energy to even ride !! Managed to lunge but think he well just have to have a couple of days off work a week instead of one , 😞😞 anybody else slows thier compettion horses a rest

southerncomfort

Visit site
Get to bed!! The only way to get over flu is to rest I'm afraid.

Boring I know, but sometimes you just have to put yourself and your health first. :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Get to bed!! The only way to get over flu is to rest I'm afraid.

Boring I know, but sometimes you just have to put yourself and your health first. :)

this! When I had flu last time I couldn't get up off the sofa let alone think about doing the horses. It will take 10 times longer to recover if you try and do too much. Sometimes a little impromptu break does them good anyway.

scats

Visit site
There’s no point pushing yourself if you feel so poorly, as you’ll make yourself worse and then it will last twice as long.
Mine had to have an unscheduled two weeks off due to me being poorly a few weeks ago, then I got her back up and running for a few days and was unwell again so she had another week off.

She’s none worse for wear and has probably thoroughly enjoyed her little holiday!

Get well soon x

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
last winter i had a really bad flu type virus and hardly left the house for 3 weeks, i was so weak i thought i was on the way out!!!!! i lost a stone as i didnt want to eat anything (very unlike me) i couldnt even walk my dogs let alone ride or muck out....you need to stay indoors and keep warm, eat if you can but make sure you drink plenty..i am sure your horse will come back into full work easily and will love a little break.....

Pinkvboots

Visit site
last winter i had a really bad flu type virus and hardly left the house for 3 weeks, i was so weak i thought i was on the way out!!!!! i lost a stone as i didnt want to eat anything (very unlike me) i couldnt even walk my dogs let alone ride or muck out....you need to stay indoors and keep warm, eat if you can but make sure you drink plenty..i am sure your horse will come back into full work easily and will love a little break.....

I think we must have had the same thing I think it hit me so bad as I got the flu about a week after an operation, I looked terrible and lost over a stone in weight hope I don't get it this year.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I think we must have had the same thing I think it hit me so bad as I got the flu about a week after an operation, I looked terrible and lost over a stone in weight hope I don't get it this year.
you need to be extra careful, have you had the flu jab? i had never had flu till last year and as it was so bad i have had the flu jab for the first time. i am an oldie so decided it was worth trying it.