Fly Fringe on a Yearling?

Impu1sion

Visit site
My yearling filly is turned away for the Summer with other fillies 24/7. Her eyes in this heat/flies look a bit swollen so I have been bathing them and I have put a fly fringe on her which is joined with a bit of Velcro, so if caught on anything, will detach quite easily. She seemed quite okay with this, does anyone else use these on youngstock?

Spring Feather

Visit site
I don't use fly fringes or masks on any of my horses but many of my friends do. They also use them on their foals and youngstock and they're fine. Both fringes and masks will detach if caught on something.

Impu1sion

Visit site
Thanks SF, I never usually put anything on her, it's just that she has rubbed one of her eyes and it looks quite sore, so I'll maybe use this for a few days to see if things improve. (Am bathing twice a day with cooled boiled water/cold tea)

Spring Feather

Visit site
It should help keep the flies away and the cool water will likely help take some of the swelling down. Do keep an eye on the eye though just in case any infection develops (in the eye I mean). Hope she's better soon :)

Rebels

Visit site
My yearling has a fly hat, the flies have been unbelievable so far and she adores it! Comes running to have it on each day :)