Fly mask for riding?

soloequestrian

Visit site
I know these exist - interested in experiences and recommendations?
It's not normally an issue in the dreich north of Scotland but this year seems to be the exception and we are starting to dread hacking....
The horses all have field ones that hold their own shape (as opposed to the floppy net ones).

soloequestrian

Visit site
Thanks, I feel a bit nervous of using one hacking because it feels as though their vision might not be as good.... perhaps not logical because they can obviously still turn their heads!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have used the equilibrium riding mask, it's very lightweight and there are no big seams to obscure anything.

paddy555

Visit site
Thanks, I feel a bit nervous of using one hacking because it feels as though their vision might not be as good.... perhaps not logical because they can obviously still turn their heads!

absolutely no problem. If you think of horses in a field with masks on they can still canter around, fight, play and do everything else. The cashel ones are lighter fine mesh and I expect most of the others are are well.

Coblover63

Visit site
I have hi-viz "ears" on my bridle and find that a fly fringe works perfectly for us. She's a traditional cob with a lengthy forelock anyway so her vision is always compromised to a degree, but the fly fringe definitely helps.