fly mask reccomendations

Tacobell

Visit site
Hi All,

Just getting myself organised this year. my old fly mask died a death last year so need a new one..
i have a horse with a big head so looking for something with lots of eye clearance, i also like the ears to be covered but with a hole for the forelock.

i was looking at the woofwear one and thought that looked quite good...

Squeak

Visit site
I find the rambo 'beekeeper' style ones the best but they don't have a hole for the forelock.

I'm Dun

Visit site
I went back to a field safe headcollar with one of the old fashioned tassled browbands. I got fed up of losing masks and never being happy with the fit.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
My warmblood is big around the jowel so I had hell last year finding one that fitted & stayed on with a decent amount of eye clearance! Found ones that actually had a warmblood size the best fit over just your standard full size - when I say I tried everything, I really did, cost me a fortune as he gets fly eye otherwise! I also needed something soft over the poll as he's thin skinned.

Shires - Great fit & stayed on but got holes in it quickly
Weathabeeta durable - Great fit but broke within days
Equilibrium - Nowhere near big enough & not enough clearance
Woofwear - Too soft & kept collapsing over his eyes
Le Mieux - Great size wise but easily dispatched
Rambo beekeeper - Fab fit etc definitely worth the cost, best so far

I have a Hy Armoured one to try this spring that I nabbed in the sale!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The shires delux ones are quite good I think. They are not expensive but have stiffer better shaped mesh to stay away from the eyes.
There’s also a lot of choice in ears/no ears/nose covers or not and a nose fringe (which all my horses hated!)

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I like Kensington Uviators but they either come with ears and nose or no ears (and no hole for forelock). They do have a classic version with removable nose though, that just has less UV protection but if you only want it for the flies then it's worth a look. Also really like the Premier Equine ones as well just for flies.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I use the Cashel ones they are the only ones that seem to fit my Arab's properly, I have to have a forlock hole as well or they end up without any hair left they wash well and last a good few years.

Surbie

Visit site
My horse has a massive head. I find the Shires XFull are perfect, just as long as his fieldmates don't take it off him.