Fly Mask Recommendations

bumper

Visit site
Could anybody please recommend a make of fly mask that is difficult to get off??!!??

(I don't mean difficult by me, difficult for the horse!)

My boy has a sarcoid near his eye, we are waiting for Liverpool to get back to the vet re treatment, but in the meantime, and undoubtedly during treatment, we need a flymask which stays put as he has trashed about 5 in the past few weeks.

I found a lovely one by Roma which is stretchy lycra, with mesh over the eye area. Great, I thought, he can't get THAT off. No, he couldn't, but the mesh is too floppy and irritates both eyes, as it won't stand up away from them.

Any bright ideas that don't include staples/superglue?

Molly01

Visit site
My yard manager recommended a Rambo Fly Mask to me and it lasted all last summer. She ripped one of the ears off so I got her a new one this year but they have lasted well. They are very big though, I had to get a cob size and she is a 16 hh Hanoverian.

tinpot

Visit site
e had the rambo fly mask to last year which are very good and they brought out the rambo plus which we got this year with vamoose which is good as it has a band in it which holds the mask totally away from their eyes and a detachable nose piece

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
cbf071ca-bcc1-4a64-b735-5f2c880d17ac.jpg

I agree with BHW, the equilibrium one pictured (no ears, with velcro on poll and under the chin) is the best at staying on. :)