Fly Mask to fit cob head with very good eye clearance *Recommendations please*

Merrymoles

Visit site
I struggled to get hold of one with a nose last year and ended up with one off Ebay which is great - stands off really well from his eyes and has a nose piece which zips off and ears which have Velcro so can also be removed. I wanted the nose to prevent sunburn but wasn't sure if he would cope with ears so it was a good choice. It was also a reasonable price

I *think* it might be a Sheldon but not 100 per cent sure - will check when I go up tonight!

HoHum

Visit site
He's currently wearing the Shires Deluxe one in a fetching purple shade. The mesh is stiff enough to hold away from his eyes and it fits his broad head. In an ideal world it would be more roomy around his eyes, or rather the widest part should be about 10cm lower on the mask, but he doesn't seem to mind, its stayed on for a few hours he needs it the last three days.

holeymoley

Visit site
I'm sure I have a Shires one and its well clear of his eyes. It's the one that has a nose net on it too. Mine's around 6 years old but I imagine you'd still be able to get them.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I'm sure I have a Shires one and its well clear of his eyes. It's the one that has a nose net on it too. Mine's around 6 years old but I imagine you'd still be able to get them.

This year as well as the standard one they have brought out a deluxe version with extra eye clearance.

Unfortunately mine currently looks like this

View attachment _20190717_133220.JPG

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Another vote for the Premier Equine Buster fly masks! They are the best in my experience, although we also have 2 Equilibrium masks and they are fine too. We have used Premier Equine ones on an Appaloosa, am ISH, a Welsh X pony and a Shetland and the fit has been good on all of them with good eye clearance and they seem to stay on. They are often on offer too!

I tried a Le Mieux one and the fit was so odd that after trying it on the horse it has never been used, not suitable in our case.