Fly rugs that don’t rub?

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
What would you recommend? Ideally something with a belly flap too.

Flies aren’t normally too bad at the yard, Henry hasn’t worn a fly rug and never got more than the odd bite. But poor Peps is being eaten alive and is now covered in bites, some quite nasty looking. He’s got sensitive skin which rubs easily, so want something that’s less likely to cause problems…

Happy to spend money if it’s the right thing and going to last!

I'm Dun

Visit site
Rambo summer series with no liner, and when its very hot I have a cheapy zebra print one from ebay. Neither rub my chunky TB or big cob. I found the amigo aussie and amigo mesh type fly rug awful!

TPO

Visit site
Weatherbeeta comfitec and Bucas buzz off, both have belly flaps and bug tail flaps.

I love my aussie all rounder but it doesn't have a belly flap

Redders

Visit site
Another vote for the comfitec, hasn’t rubbed and was in use all last summer and this year too, I like the soft mesh rugs which this one is. I have also just got a gallop one (as she is out more currently and I wanted a spare) which has the most excellent belly strap I’ve ever seen, it hasn’t rubbed (although in use only a week) and has bees and butterflies on it (which is not the reason I got it but it was an added bonus for me!)

Reactions: TPO

Stenners

Visit site
Following as looking for one for big boned Irish lad! I have the Aussie all rounder but think it will rub his shoulders

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Amigo bug buster vamoose. Both of mine have one. Even though my ginger had ballooned this summer and it’s a bit snug it hasn’t rubbed. He’s broad-chested with a big barrel.

Jayzee

Visit site
I think it really depends on build of the horse, as some shapes do not fit certain horses. I have had success with both the shires sweet itch hoodie and the Rambo fly rug