Fly rugs

Shoei

Visit site
I know, I know it's -freezingyourbitsoffoutside but my mind has drifted to balmy summer days and my horses rug collection!

We are in need of a new fly rug and I'm also interested in one with a showerproof strip. However my horse is a Gelderlander and built like a giraffe on steroids. Which means neck rugs generally rub his mane out!

I bought a cheapo one from Derby house which I was generally impressed with and lasted me about 3 summers but I had to turn the neck back.

Has anyone got any rug recomendations, particularly fellow giraffe owners or anyone that has seen any standard rugs or waterproof ones that don't get too hot.

Thanks

Squeak

Visit site
I was going to suggest a Derby House as I also have one and was impressed. The Masta one I tried isn't a patch on the Derby House. What about the Premier Equines? Or Fal have some that look really good in their half price sale...

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I know, I know it's -freezingyourbitsoffoutside but my mind has drifted to balmy summer days and my horses rug collection!

We are in need of a new fly rug and I'm also interested in one with a showerproof strip. However my horse is a Gelderlander and built like a giraffe on steroids. Which means neck rugs generally rub his mane out!

I bought a cheapo one from Derby house which I was generally impressed with and lasted me about 3 summers but I had to turn the neck back.

Has anyone got any rug recomendations, particularly fellow giraffe owners or anyone that has seen any standard rugs or waterproof ones that don't get too hot.

Thanks
cannot stand MASTA ONE yuk.

I like the Maxima zebra ones and these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Hors...R1Oh3hLgDHkoWRuVe14w:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Cannot stand the Buccus ones

BOWS28

Visit site
Premier Equine did (hope they still do.... ) a nice "showerproof" rug, its made out of really nice light material; my livery had one for hers, lovely! Made me very envious.

PE do a lovely fly rug with the waterproof strip! Owning a warmblood, the neck was too big... this may be a good option for you as their rugs are always really generous in sizing anyway.