Fly sheets that cover armpits, horse's, not mine..

madmav

Visit site
Please let me know if there is such a bit of kit out there. Sarcoid issue on front inner leg that is getting the hell kicked out of it by bitey b****rs. Or any other ideas of keeping them off would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Hi,

My OH will probably kill me, but this is a photo of him playing ball with his Charlie Horse, and Charlie in his shots.

Charlie has Sweet Itch, not that you would ever know, but flies were the irritation of his life. In this photo he is wearing a Boett Blanket as a base, and we had taken his face protection off for the photo. On the front we had sewn some cotton shorts on to protect as much of his leg as possible. It was our first attempt, and we could have gone longer, or out a separate piece of material to go further round.

I once thought of trying to design Charlie's trousers, but the shorts seemed to provide a lot of relief.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a518/red-12/IMG_0355_zps98e45bea.jpg

IMG_0355_zps98e45bea.jpg

madmav

Visit site
Thank you red. Hope he hasn't lynched you for the pic! I think it's very cute. May I ask how did you attach the shorts bit to rug and then keep them secured around his legs? Am assuming he didn't put his legs into each armhole first. Or did he? Possibly Velcro?

Silmarillion

Visit site
I put Lincoln green gel on any un-covered bits of my sensitive chap. I've ordered him a Boett style rug to help cover a bit more, but I'll still be "green gelling" the rest.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Actually it has brought a wry smile. We lost Charlie horse 3 years ago now, and he is still much loved.

The brown sheeting was sewn onto the Boett blanket, and I think we did have a square of velcro at the bottom, on the inside. I think it spent most of the time undone though, it was just that the way we sewed it on it just hung kind of around his leg anyway.

The pieces were separate at the front, but I think we overlapped them as the Boett pulls over the head. He could walk and run just fine, no rubs and massive relief from the flies.

madmav

Visit site
Thank you for the info Red. So sorry your boy has gone. He looked fab.
Have now got some ideas on how to sew something all areas 'fly indestructible'.