Fly sprays on in-foal mare

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Flies are worse this year than I can ever remember - we've been using "Coopers Fly Repellent Plus" on our gelding very successfully in the last couple of weeks, and would like to use it on our in-foal mare, but I'm a bit nervous about it. There aren't any contra-indications on the pack, but its very strong stuff (you have to apply with gloves, etc), and I'm concerned about applying it in case of damage to the unborn foal, especially as she's only 56 days pregnant ... What do people think? Am I being totally neurotic?! Any advice/wise words gratefully received! (She's a grey - seems to be a magnet for biting things - and is being brought in during the day, but is still covered with flies when we get to the field at 7 am, and is very irritated by them. We've used fly masks, but she rips them off!)

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Finally got hold of Schering Plough - they say 100% safe on in-foal mare, which is reassuring! Although this stuff is very expensive, it does really do "what it says on the tin"!, and also lasts for about 3-4 days, so probably ends up costing no more than all the other products which seem to have been completely useless this year with much more aggressive flies