Foal and microchip

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Well today, I made myself legal after buying a foal from travellers and had him microchipped today and his markings etc for his passport. I did buy him unhandled, but in the past 6 weeks he's come along leaps and bounds till today, he was suspicious of the vet straight away, have belated realised he's not use to strangers, took an hour to microchip him(very sore right leg where he hit me) but got it done,so this evening I'm back to square one. Who bought the stupid Bloody law in that they had to microchipped as a foal/passport as in the next 3/4 years he's going to change, maybe even his colour and yes we doped him, enough to knock out a big horse, by mouth not needle. So tomorrow is another day SIGH!!!!

orionstar

Visit site
Chin up, tommorow is another day. Foals are resilient little balls of fluff and although he might take time to realise that humans are'nt dangerous, he will get there. You had to microchip today, the same as you would have had to sedate him if he had hurt his self. My five year old has taken a year to stop eyeing up my vet suspiciously and taking pot shots at him, and she now lets him pick a leg up without any fuss at all, she did however nearly knock herself out on the stable roof beam when I took the rug from the stable door tonight. Life is one big learning curve, and just think ahead of how great he'll be this time next year!

mcrobbiena

Visit site
In a years time you will have forgotten how bad he was. I can remember thinking "how the hell am I going to get her used to this headcollar" Now she is being led about , i pick up her feet,pull them forwards as if for farrier, she has towels draped over her back like a rug while i muck out I can put it over her ears and I totally forgot how worried I was of being able to get her used to her headcollar. She now puts her nose in it before I get a chance to untangle it. Its funny when you look back but you tend to just worry about the next thing and forget about what progress you have already made. At least you wont have to get him microchipped again, they are massive needles! for a wee neck