Foal Friday - 2020

Visit site
I know not everyone ventures into the Breeding section of the forum so I thought it would be nice to have Foal Friday in here so anyone with foals this year can do a weekly pic-athon so we can all watch their progress! You don't always appreciate how much they have grown when you see them every day but they change massively week to week!

So here is Dum Dum! So named because he was a dummy foal when he was born. He wasn't an extreme dummy but it took him 3 or 4 days to come right.

His story is here: https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/shetland-foal-2020.788441/

20200605_181018.jpg

20200605_180934.jpg

20200605_180149.jpg

Those with HHO 2020 foals please do feel free to join in and update weekly! As an end of week pick me up!

Mule

Visit site
I know not everyone ventures into the Breeding section of the forum so I thought it would be nice to have Foal Friday in here so anyone with foals this year can do a weekly pic-athon so we can all watch their progress! You don't always appreciate how much they have grown when you see them every day but they change massively week to week!

So here is Dum Dum! So named because he was a dummy foal when he was born. He wasn't an extreme dummy but it took him 3 or 4 days to come right.

His story is here: https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/shetland-foal-2020.788441/

View attachment 49119

View attachment 49120

View attachment 49121

Those with HHO 2020 foals please do feel free to join in and update weekly! As an end of week pick me up!
He's very cuddly looking. He's gorgeous ?

Cloball

Visit site
@tda I think I'm in love you your blue roan mare and her foalie. How is she bred?

Edited to remove the goalie my phone clearly doesn't know me at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: tda

Bernster

Visit site
Ahhh elf that foal is such a cute fluff ball. Never heard of a dummy foal though!

i love how they are all ‘knees and elbows’ when young.

Cloball

Visit site
Oh a roan Dales! How fabulous and unusual I have only heard stories of them. Very special ❣️

Reactions: tda

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site

View attachment 49119

View attachment 49120

View attachment 49121

I used to have a pyjama case that looked just like him ! I can't remember what happened to it . Don't suppose you could you just flip him over and check if he has a zip running along his belly ?

Quigleyandme

Visit site
A very tenuous seeming connection but I was a really late reader. I spent nearly all my time outside of school with my illiterate Burmese nanny and I was so frustrated and upset at my inability to read until one day I just could. I still remember the wonder of it nearly 60 years later. Watching Hera’s videos remind me of that feeling as she revels in the sheer joy of movement. I can gallop and spin and bronc and buck and rear and gallop some more but lying down for a kip is still a bit crumple and drop. Sorry to ramble on and hijack the foal thread but she just gets to me.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
A very tenuous seeming connection but I was a really late reader. I spent nearly all my time outside of school with my illiterate Burmese nanny and I was so frustrated and upset at my inability to read until one day I just could. I still remember the wonder of it nearly 60 years later. Watching Hera’s videos remind me of that feeling as she revels in the sheer joy of movement. I can gallop and spin and bronc and buck and rear and gallop some more but lying down for a kip is still a bit crumple and drop. Sorry to ramble on and hijack the foal thread but she just gets to me.
oh wow, that's amazing.
Yes you're right, she just loves whizzing and twirling around, that bit is well practiced ;)