Foal watch!! Still waiting...

jpbud

New User
Visit site
My maiden mare is at 350 days... Is anyone else out there on foal watch?!
She has relaxed and has a slight bag which alters up and down through the day but no waxing??
Just wondering how everyone else is getting on!

Spring Feather

Visit site
Yep I've been on and off foal watch since March. We watch all of our immiment mares 24 hours a day so we're on hand immediately once she does decide to foal :smile3: I enjoy foal watch but if they all foal close together it can become rather tiring.

JVB

Visit site
Yep, mare currently at 328 days and I suspect a few weeks still to go, another bagging up over night and going down during the day but less and less each time and bigger in the mornings, no waxing though

Last night I had my first horrible dream, she was in labour and struggling a bit, didn't get very far as woke up and then lay there wondering if I needed to go and check her before deciding I was being a bit daft as it was only a dream! Think the stress levels will begin to climb now

Asha

Visit site
We havent any in foal this year, but my friend is on foal watch, and im getting updates, hope that counts, as its seriously exciting !

Mare must be a week over so somewhere in the region of 349 days. She is absolutely massive, started dripping milk last night,and was really quite uncomfortable so expected a call today. But nothing, mind you she did this last time for 3 weeks. Apparently shes pacing the field today, so hoping foal makes an appearnce tonight.

Rollin

Visit site
They wont foal if you watch

Oh so true. CB mare went almost a year. We watched her for two weeks.

I left her one morning to go and have my breakfast, returned opened the door to turn out and there was the baby half out of the placenta.

Hemirjtm

Visit site
We are waiting for our last one to foal, but it's going to be at least a week away, so no foal watch just yet! We had a mare that had her breakfast at 7.30, no signs of contractions, nothing, at 8am there was a foal trying to get up and she had finished her breakfast!!

middlebank

Visit site
My CB mare is on day 357, has has wax for around a week, we appear to have milk there this afternoon so fingers crossed tonight is the night. This is her 3rd foal with me and she hasn't followed the same pattern for any of them.....surely she has not read the handbook!

jpbud

New User
Visit site
Am still waiting! Not looking any different! Good to here everyone else's stories- please post when yours arrive- am hoping not much longer!!

Audacity

Visit site
I've got 2 to watch at the moment - 1 mare 334 days & the other (a maiden) 331 days - we are taking bets which foals first - both are in foaling boxes & being monitored at night by cctv. Both are changing but in different ways - 1st mare has very full bag but not slackening off yet - maiden mare very little bag but starting to slacken off behind. Really exciting as both are by my coloured boy.

Asha

Visit site
my friends mare foaled last night, at a very sociable time of 10pm. Beautiful chestnut filly, no white markings at all. Mum and foal doing well.:D

jpbud

New User
Visit site
Awesome news asha- so pleased for your friend and a very sociable time to foal!! Can you upload any pics- day 354 for me today- thought things were starting last night but still no foal!!!