Foals are growing fast!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Wandered round today taking some pics before they all move along to a neighbours' fields tomorrow, our mare fields are now awful due to having to keep them on three (15 acres) fields far too long due to spraying for bracken.
We have had to feed hay and mineral keep blocks for weeks, something new for August.
The foals are all quite different and becoming more so as they grow.
Not really looking forward to tomorrow when we have to block the lane to move all ten, but they have wonderful grazing waiting so the sooner the better.
The grass situation has meant one stallion has had to live in full time for a few weeks, and the little rain we have had hasn't really made that much difference.
Has everyone else's grass started to grow again or are you like us, still struggling?
pics on www.henryhorn.blogspot.com

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
HH - I love catching up with your blog - it's fab!
smile.gif

You've got some cracking foalie this year!
grin.gif

...hhmm...now which one shall I have...?
wink.gif

Kate x

no_no_nanette

Visit site
HH, they are just GORGEOUS! You must be very thrilled with this year's crop! Venus looks a stunner.

We have had NO grass for a number of weeks now, and nothing looks like its growing. We did have quite heavy rain yesterday, but one day I don't think will make much difference, so its a bit desperate going into the autumn ...

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Sorry no, Venus is the nearest to a pure dressage horse we've bred I think, all move with the massive long striding walk Chocolate has, but her trot is amazing.
only one we might sell is Oberon, and for no other reason than we actually prefer Callisto's conformation and head.

SSM

Visit site
They are lovely! Very smuggly sitting here, we have loads of grass!!!!!!!!! (we did however hold off earlier in the year and they stayed on the starvation paddock then, has paid off at the moment)