Foaly Update and Question

Flash_28

Visit site
Hello

I have a little Foaly question. Little guy has been getting on well and really starting to turn into a cheeky chap! His new thing is to just do laps of the field winding everyone up! :) To be honest not too much has changed for him really and that includes his weight :(

He is having two feeds a day and spends as much time out as possible due to his earlier leg problems but will come in if the weather is awful to a large haynet with as much hay as I can stuff in it! He has also been wormed again recently and I was hoping that this would help with his weight not going up. He looks like he is wormy (ribby but quite a big stomach and no top line at all). He was wormed with a 5 day Panacur guard and on the 6th day a gentle tape wormer. But it has made no difference at all. He actually lost a few kgs which he hasn’t put back on :( Not sure what to do really. He is on Blue Chip original, Speedi and Hifi with some high fibre nuts to help make it interesting. His Blue Chip is weighed out to match the weight he is as advised by Blue Chip. Going to get back in touch with them and ask for their opinion. I am worried about upping his food too much as I don’t want him to have problems growing too quickly.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips on anything I can do to help him along.

Flash_28

Visit site
Sorry my bad! I rescued Foaly in May this year and is technically no longer a foal. Just my sappyness calling him Foaly. Sorry! He is coming up to 18 months old and no longer with his mum. I think he was taken from his mum when he was bought him over to the UK though. So think he was taken away at approx 12ish months. He was very underweight when he turned up and has put on weight but is still light. Beginning to worry now as he has remained the same for the last few months.

CILLA

Visit site
Thats okay they are all our babies and you want to do the best for him. I am not sure that Blue Chip is the right feed i would suggest Dodson and Horrell Yearling Cubes and Alfa Oil why not give them a ring and see what they suggest especially as winter is coming he will need to gain some weight.

Flash_28

Visit site
Thats okay they are all our babies and you want to do the best for him. I am not sure that Blue Chip is the right feed i would suggest Dodson and Horrell Yearling Cubes and Alfa Oil why not give them a ring and see what they suggest especially as winter is coming he will need to gain some weight.

I will email the other companies and have a bit of an ask round. Hopefully something will be recommended that is something similar as he is a fussy little guy.