Folk who were at draycott

Jemayni

Visit site
Did anyone have a nosey at the intro course? A friend has just text me asking for some advice about which class she should go for at the PC HT there this weekend; was the intro relatively straight forward or tricky?

Ta.

RedVendetta

Visit site
Yeh I groomed for my friend who did the intro.
It was tricky in parts - the ditch at number 6 was causing all manner of problems - make sure her horse will jump a ditch with water in it if it's in the course! First few jumps relatively straightforward, pheasant feeder, roll top etc. Course was quite technical in places, drops and angled doubles etc. Im doing an intro later this year and I wouldn't choose it as my first ever intro, however if she's confident and her horse is brave XC she would be fine. Heights were normal, no stupidly huge jumps except the last which was rather chunky and was also in the PN.

KatB

Visit site
The intro rides nicely. I did it last year, as said, make sure the horse jumps ditches, and isnt confused by angled rails!! The last fence is chunky, but jumps beautifully (even though we make a very awkward jump over it!!
tongue.gif
) Did the PN this year, and again, although some chunky fences, nothing really caused a prob and it rides nicely if you are accurate and kick on!!

Jemayni

Visit site
Thanks hun, the rails shouldnt cause a prob, hes done lots of technical SJ, so thatll be fine. Ditches is more of a worry for him, but Im sure theyll survive! Thanks for the advice & well done with Godders yday, read the report but didnt post - sounds like hes coming on a treat!