Follow on from the police thread... Ever been stopped while on your horse?

SuperCoblet

Visit site
I have, we were riding 2 a breast along a main road, I was on a green pony while my friend was on her bombproof horse in the outside. They said we should be single file?! I just kindly told them it clearly states in the BHS road safely manual that it is perfectly legal to be doubled with a green/ nervous horse and they were fine about it and left us on our travels!

maisie06

Visit site
Yes!! The officer in question was a rider herself and wanted to know where I got my smart hi viz excercise sheet from!!

navaho

Visit site
Yes, when i was about 9 (im 38 now!), my friend & i got caught riding across the new leisure centers grass (not really sure what they were planning on having there, a bowling green or something i guess) & got told off, there was even a small artical in the local paper about us riding there as well,really embarrassing lol!

ChwaraeTeg

Visit site
Yep, for speeding :( ..... and it was their fault we broke the speed limit .....
About 35+ years ago, I had Christmas cards to deliver in the big town .
My horse was an ex-racer who was roadworthy most of the time, except when hearing police sirens.

We were let off with a caution as it was they who caused her to bolt. I was NOT happy.

Oldenburg

Visit site
I got stopped by a gentleman wanting to take photos so he could make a sculptor (sp) and stopped by children to stroke not very good when my horse dislikes children :0( lol !!

claireandnadia

Visit site
A police lady came up only to give my mare lots of cuddles once. She was a horsey person but had to sell hers as it was difficult to manage with her shifts. I offered her to come and ride Nadia one day if wanted.