Following on from 'bummed out' post, a bit of good news about Antifaz

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Yesterday I took the gorgeous and always-wonderful PF (insert warm glow of pride here) to be shod. This is my chance to catch up on the goss and yesterday farrier was on tip top form. Amongst other things, we talked about Antifaz, who used to be ridden by a chap at his yard, and he told me absolute HORROR stories about the Ginger One charging into fences and basically throwing all his toys out of the pram when his rider so much as moved in the saddle... Apparently he just couldn't be stopped (or in fact upset in any way) I kept muttering "but he's so quiet now... " and "He doesn't do that any more" in an increasingly weak and whiny voice... I'm sure the farrier thinks I was lying.
Anyway, today I was practicing a row of fences at 16m apart. PF can do these in 5 or 4, but the Ginger One is most comfortable bounding through in 3. Today he did them perfectly in 4, allowed me to stop him even though we were heading towards stables AND I even jumped him 1.1m (about 3'8") Remember when 2'6" was a worry????
Anyway, I'm soooo thrilled with him I want to take him to the next show at the end of August
smile.gif
Rather selfishly though I hope that his owners don't find a buyer straight away...

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
About a month ago I was ready to give up on him; he bucked and plunged for Argentina, was unstoppable in a gag, and couldn't really sustain canter on the left lead... AND I'd been riding him for three months!!
shocked.gif

Although it will sound really corny, all I did was spend more time with him on the ground, lunged him on his weaker side to help his balance, and basically tried to get him to understand that I wasn't going to hurt him.

Enfys

Visit site
It's not just Antifaz who has come on amazingly! It's YOU too, I've loved reading your posts over the months and you have achieved so much, not only with the lovely PF, but with Napoleon and now Antifaz.
I echo Marius-Mum in taking my hat off to you.
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
I really enjoy these updates PF & you & Antifaz are a proper 'team' now - I am so pleased to hear this, as I doubt this is something he's ever truly experienced before you came along!

A big 'thumbs up' to both of you!
cool.gif
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
OH WOW!!! Right - B & I are moving in for intensive training next sumemr - it will be cool enough for me by then!!

1.gif
2.gif

You have taken this
20.gif
- done some of this
24.gif
and this
5.gif
- then done some of this
8.gif
and then this
2.gif