Following on from "Does it sound like it's broken?"

Dotilas

Visit site
Guys, my mum and step-dad both agree. They say that there's no point in going to hospital because the doctor will tell me that it is just a sprain. I even said: If it is hurting as bad/worse on SUNDAY, can you take me then? Answer was no. How do I tell her?

Have had a support bandage on it, and took me ages to get it on... Really hurts to move it around, left right etc...

What do I say? She's also making me show her boy inhand tomorrow
frown.gif
Help me please?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Sorry, your Mum's made the decision & that's that. Right or wrong she's still your Mum. I hope you manage alright tomorrow......keep icing the ankle.

barneyandem

Visit site
If you can't walk then how are you meant to take her horse to a show?If you are in that much pain then you do need to go to the doctor!If your mum cant drive, have you got any relatives that can help?Or your friends?

sevenoceans

Visit site
Sounds like a sprain that need to be iced and rested evelated not on the show ring...

I had bad sprain few years ago it sounds excatly same as yours and i did go to hospital only to found out i actually did dislocated my ankle somehow it self put back together but in wrong place so u can image when they re set it (the agony!) It took me longer than 8 weeks to get it right cos i kept riding! which wasn't good idea!
grin.gif

watcherathome

Visit site
Hmmm, no comment on their diagnosis..but if it is still REALLY hurting on Monday, I would go to school and make a huge fuss..see if you can't get them to run you to the hospital..
Mind you I would only do this if it is really bad, as crying wolf is not a popular move

Dotilas

Visit site
my form tutor is head of PE so will ask her about it on monday.

Can it be a sprain even if the damage was done by a horse crushing it into the wall? I dont understand.

It is getting more and more painful as the day goes on and especially painful when i am not on level ground. If i have not put weight on it for an hour or so, it hardly hurts at all when i walk, but as i point my toe down, the pain is back worse than ever.

There is a slight podgy bit and is getting tender.

Skhosu

Visit site
I don't understand why they won't let you get it x-rayed? Better safe than sorry!
I would go to school and kick up a fuss, or have you any friends who could help?
How are you going to show a horse if you are sore.

Dotilas

Visit site
The kicking up a fuss is my plan B if i dont get to hospital soon.

I dont understand it either. I will wriggle my way out of the show somehow.

It feels so hot inside... Yet there's nothing to see... Its quite infuriating.

Tia

Visit site
Sounds like a sprain. I doubt it is broken if you could manage to put a support bandage on it. Just do as everyone has said - use the RICE method; rest, ice, compression and elevate.

Hope it feels better soon.

Dotilas

Visit site
I can get support bandage on only when the supa-dupa strength painkillers are working lol!

Im pretty sure its not broken... but the bone is sore... It would be easier for it just to swell up!

Theresa_F

Visit site
There are sprains and there are sprains. My sprain was actually the ligiment being ripped off. If I had not decided to be brave and rest it and got treatment earlier I would not have had two operations, a set thumb with limited movement and a nice scar.

It is probably nothing this serious, but your parents are being stupid and for the sake of peace of mind, a hospital trip is in order.

There is no way you will be showing a horse - I really do wonder about some people.

Sorry for sounding so rude, but some people have no idea of how serious these things can be.

Do hope it is nothing too bad and you get to hospital and have it properly assessed.

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
Is your school in the town or the country? If its on a bus route to a hospital just go!

I really did think my break was a sprain, but it wasnt. It wasnt that sore, and I could walk on it. Even the doctors were surprised that it was a break.

I can't believe your mum wont take you, i'm sorry but thats unacceptable!!