Following on from silly prices

Helga1980

Visit site
Are there still people out there selling at more normal prices? Would you be suspicious of a horse that seemed cheap compared to what you see in the likes of H&H?

Horse I'm seeing on Sunday is very 'reasonably' priced, whilst he is rising 8 he has almost no proven competition experience and is owner is keen to sell before the winter sets in, which I suppose would reduce the price she'd be asking.

Should alarm bells be ringing or is it a case of go along with an open mind??

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Oh no go with an open mind. Even though I think prices may be somewhat inflated at the moment - I reckon I could get what I wanted for around the £3k mark - and would actually look to source one for free if I could.

ladylisa

Visit site
Go and have a look and dont be put off by the "reasonable price"
when i went to veiw my horse she was great in every way infact even more then i would have thought, her only problems are she wont be clipped and she was nervous to mount.
so went in the car had a talk to my sister about it and was nearly put off b'coz price was so cheap, only had a few minutes to make up our minds aswell as someone else was on their way to see her.
But said yes that was back in may and she's still great we've even got over the mounting issue now to try for the clipping one!!
Good luck hope you like him.

Helga1980

Visit site
Thanks, I heard about him kind of by accident so if he does work out it could be fate LOL!!

He's off in the wilds of West Wales and I do think that prices round here can be a lot more reasonable than a lot of areas so will stop worrying about it!

Tia

Visit site
There are plenty of people out there selling at normal prices - I buy from them all the time. A lot of people have no idea of the marketplace - happily I do!!
grin.gif

siennamum

Visit site
I know Ammanford quite well, there are lots of horses about and you would expect to get cheaper horses there than you will this side of the bridge.
I think prices are coming down and there are suddenly ponies and horses on the market for reasonable figures.
I just paid nearly £2k less for a pony than I anticipated spending, so there are good animals about for sensible money.
Maybe see how many pics & general information you can get about.