Following on from simple Novice movement post...

Sal_E

Visit site
Thanks to everyone who replied on my last post but now it's got me really over-analysing it! The exact terminology says:

'change rein and over X change of leg through trot'

Now, I have always made the trot transition AT X, cantering again a few strides after X. HOWEVER, having read it & re-read it, is it actually not more correct to come back to trot BEFORE X so that you are in the process of changing leg when over X. Or even trot before X in time to canter on other leg AT X???????

God, my ability to over-complicate the most simple of things astounds me!

Please help, if you can be bothered...
crazy.gif

Mel85

Visit site
Yes I would trot before X - what it is saying that over X you must be in the process of changing the leg. I would come back to trot just before X, trot 3-4 strides and then canter on other leg just after X. It's not asking you to make the canter transition AT X!!!

Sal_E

Visit site
Fab, thank-you - that's the conclusion I have come to myself. Right, don't anyone please contradict that now or I'll end up crying into my wine glass...

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I seem to recognise this movement, what test is it? What I did was come back to trot just before X and pick up the canter again over X. Not sure if that was right but I don’t remember getting any bad comments from it and that’s how I read it.

However if you are unsure I would ask you know who, she would know!