Following on from the post about horses doing stupid things...

amandathepanda

Visit site
What stupid things have you as a horse owner/rider done? My two embarrasing moments stem from when I had my section A on working livery at a riding school. On one occasion we legged a kid up on to a pony we had just tacked up and only realised we had forgotten to put a girth on the saddle as the child and saddle slid off the pony going out of the yard. On another occassion, when I had picked the wrong saddle up out of the tack room (it belonged to a shetland pony!), when my pony put his head down for a snack, the saddle (with me perched on top) slipped down my pony's neck until i was sat just above his ears!
blush.gif

My excuse for these two is that I was only 10 at the time, but come on, I want to hear all your funny confessions
grin.gif

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
haha..

when i was errmm about 17 i tacked my horse up, or so i thought, mounted then realised i had.. no hat.. and no bridle on my horse.. oops!! i just jumped off and looked rather embarassed.. dont think anyone realised.

also used to do early feeds over the weekend for people, yard was only 10 min walk from my house so used to wear pj's as fed about 5.30am.. anyway got there fed them decided to muck out my own etc.. time passed as it does.. then remembered i was in my pj's and had to walk through town on saturday afternoon stinking of horse in my pj's oops!

Natch

Visit site
I am constantly doing stupid things. If you ignore the people who see NH and think "NH = parelli = argh" and therefore think I am stupid for doing all sorts of silly things with a horse then my list is still something like...

Not doing a girth up and then moving the horse, only to discover that even expensive stuben saddles fall off if not girthed up.... (I was young and helping at a riding school)

alarmingly frequently forgetting to tie my loan horse up who I know will wander off into mischief within 5 nanoseconds of my turning my back

forgetting to do the stable door up with same horse when doing his feeds, and only realising he was out of the stable and digging into somebody else's feedbins when we were playing with the CCTV...

Leaving boots within reach of same horse's teeth (and then having to replace 4 shredded clarendon boots)

Riding on fireworks night (indoor school) and a stormy night (outdoor), the latter of which saw me dumped on the floor when a gate broke its chain and crashed through the fence around the school...

erm, I think I should stop now...

Natch

Visit site
Oh yeah I did that too, only into a stream because the pony I was trying to lead across was having none of it...

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Thinking it was a bright idea to do a 'round the world' while out hacking with 3 others......................You guessed it we where all facing backwards when the horses took off for home!!!!
grin.gif
blush.gif