Following on from Tia's post.....

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Blimey it is slow in here today.

No takers then?
tongue.gif

Tia

Visit site
Do you guys have injectable wormers over there? I don't ever remember them when I lived in England. Over here you can have your horse injected by the vet to worm.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys have injectable wormers over there? I don't ever remember them when I lived in England. Over here you can have your horse injected by the vet to worm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaysus!!! B would have a heart attack!! Oral anyday of the week for her!!

beh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[
Jaysus!!! B would have a heart attack!! Oral anyday of the week for her!!

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL, SAME HERE!!!!!!!!

S_N

Visit site
TD - Spans used herbal wormers earlier this year - she was suitably impressed if I remember correctly!

PF - that's how I do it. Worm count and worm for little beggars that don't show and at certain times of year!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Some people use the injectable cattle wormers. Most notably the Irish, nearly every horse I have over has a nicked ligament from one.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they do here, but administer orally. I don't understand how a ligament would get nicked though... where do they inject?! Sorry for being so dense!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
They inect too low and nick one of the ligaments near to the spine.
Ive seen other things bring a swelling up in that area for a few days(penicillin etc), but the wormer seems to leave its mark for a long time. Even when it goes down completely, they always get a funny little sweat mark there.

dizzydolly

Visit site
When i was breaking in and selling for a stud up in Shropshire, we used to get groups of 4 or 5 in every week (untouched and usually 3 to a stable) and after a few days attempt to worm them. Used to use a big bottle with a 'gun' on the end, and inject it in. It must have been cattle wormer, cant remember the name though, begins with I? That was fun, usually managed to get headcollars on and corner them. I got the flippin injection in my arm one day, luckily didnt pierce my fleece, that would have been nasty
crazy.gif

Dont like the injections, real 'cowboy' stuff but obviously cheaper for the stud