following yesterdays long ramble..the good news & not so good

molly7886

Visit site
Firstly thanks to those that read yesterdays epic post & even stayed awake to offer such encouraging replies. What a friendly bunch you are! The downside to my weekend was that I got a frantic phone call from a friend last night asking for a favour to take a very poorly pony to hospital in my lorry-of course I whizzed straight to the yard to fetch it. Theres a very narrow drive out of the yard with a stream one side & a high bank the other with a stone retaining wall. Muppet here in her rush to be a good samaritan didn't get straight & caught the side of the lorry where the ramp spring hinge juts out just a couple of inches on the corner of the wall. Wall has fallen in a big heap & ramp spring has busted. So for a misjudgement of maybe 2 inches I've caused ££££'s worth of damage
frown.gif
Good news is we still managed to get pony to vet & he made it through the night (don't know full prognosis). Didn't feel very motivated to go to stressage this morning but glad I did as we got a 4th (with a 9 for his halt, never had one of those before
smile.gif
Although it took 2 of us to heave ramp up without the aid of the busted spring. The worle of horses sure does have its ups & downs !!

1life

Visit site
Oh my word molly, what a mixed bunch of emotions you must have been through today!
Glad to hear po' made it through and hope they have an understanding YO - oops!
Think you deserve a HUGE glass of wine....with your feet up!!!!!

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Just read your post from yesterday, you much be so pleased today, well done.

What a shame about your lorry why do these things happen when we are trying to help others out. At least it can be fixed and no one was hurt. Fingers crossed for your friends pony, hope he makes a full and quick recovery.

molly7886

Visit site
Believe me I'm very grateful that it was only stones & metal that got hurt. I'm very philosophical on that front & luckily I have a very lovely YO who adores my horse (thank goodness) Will be checking insurance policy but like everyone I could do without extra bills at the moment. I'm not a spring chicken so its sad to admit I've had tears of joy/upset/frustration all in one weekend (I'll blame the hormones
wink.gif
)