Foot soreness

sissa

Visit site
hey, i was wondering if there is anyone who can give me advice or my situation;

my 13.3 connemara cross has foot soresess from a 2 hour hack then jumping the day after with no front shoes on. so i've kept her in for 4 days. she's a bit better, but its taking awhile.
has anyone got any solutions or advice, or is it one of those sitatuions where u jsut hav to sit and wait it out?

cheers guys
sass

xxx

annie02

Visit site
She probably brusied her feet or something like that. It can take a while for the soreness to go away. If she is really sore you can give some bute but ultimately it is just time and soft ground that will make her sound. If it doesnt get better in a week you may want to ring the vet to see if she has done more damage.

brightmount

Visit site
If she's barefoot and you do much hacking you might benefit from some Old Mac hoof boots. Has she been barefoot long? If not, you'll find you need to build up to the sort of work you mention. If she has been out of shoes a long time, then she hopefully has the structure to cope. A rest should bring her right, but you might possibly have some thrush or white line disease from the wet conditions that could also be making her footy.

CrazyMare

Visit site
If she has only been without shoes a short amount of time, then thats probably the reason.

My girl maintains shes so so foot sore she can't possibly walk in or out from the field, as shes lost a front shoe, farrier is coming tommorrow, then maybe we will have less of the ameture dramatics....