Footage of Gwendolen Fer's Colt Pond escape

Vickijay

Visit site
Brilliant riding for not coming off and amazing horse for just carrying on like nothing had happened!

rhino

Visit site
On the H&H interactive thingy yesteray, they said they *thought* that she had been held due to a fall on course (possibly Wardell's). When it was safe for her to restart, the subsequent rider (Rosie Thomas?) was fairly close so they let her run on and overtake, instead of having to stop her too, before they let Fer restart. This they said was correct procedure.

Not sure I explained that too well...

mbequest

Visit site
She was stopped as the fence judge deemed it a horse fall, shoulder did come very close to the ground. Call that was overturned following video footage review by GJ. All a bit of a mess and have to wonder if it didn't contribute to the fall later..... Horse switched off??

Kokopelli

Visit site
She was stopped as the fence judge deemed it a horse fall, shoulder did come very close to the ground. Call that was overturned following video footage review by GJ. All a bit of a mess and have to wonder if it didn't contribute to the fall later..... Horse switched off??

I thought for a horse fall the hind quarters and shoulder on the same side needed to make contact with the ground.

It was a real shame about her fall, perhaps the horse also lost confidence after the colt pond.

milo'n'molly

Visit site
I thought for a horse fall the hind quarters and shoulder on the same side needed to make contact with the ground.

It was a real shame about her fall, perhaps the horse also lost confidence after the colt pond.

I'm not sure about the confidence being an issue she jumped to corners the direct route straight after and looked fab:D