For all racing fans/not...

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
This is the sort of racing story that should make the national news. Not some tap with the peak of someones cap that caused no damage at all.
I saw the race and it was pretty blatant what the lad was trying to do. Yes hes a young lad, not getting many rides, under a lot of pressure, but there are no excuses.
http://www.racingpost.co.uk/news/master....story_id=845981
I remember a similar story from a few years back, point to pointing. Lad pulled up before the last as his horse broke down, seeing there was no one behind him and only 2 had finished he jumped back on, jumped the last and finished the race. The horse was shot 2 strides after the finishing line.
These are the stories of proper misconduct, yet it is rare anyone notices.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I remember a similar story from a few years back, point to pointing. Lad pulled up before the last as his horse broke down, seeing there was no one behind him and only 2 had finished he jumped back on, jumped the last and finished the race. The horse was shot 2 strides after the finishing line.
These are the stories of proper misconduct, yet it is rare anyone notices.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is f*cking terrible.......the lad ought to have been shot aswell, b*stard
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

TGM

Visit site
That's appalling - I am amazed that the maximum punishment is a 14 days ban. Do you know what happened to the horse
frown.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
Oh my god, that is just unbelievable,
blush.gif
blush.gif
simply horrendus and I feel sickened. I hope that nobody gave/or gives those two guys a ride on a horse ever again. They should be banned for life! How can any owner or trainer with a conscience allow these kind of people to ride their horses?!

JM7

Visit site
registered and read...with disgust!!!

where's the media/public furore on this then???

unfortunately it doesn't make "interesting" reading for "joe public".....

TGM

Visit site
CONDITIONAL jockey Robert Quinn was hit by a 14-day ban from the Newton Abbot stewards on Monday - the maximum punishment available - for not dismounting immediately from the stricken Karadin only yards from the line in the 3m2f handicap chase.

The race went to Waynesworld but 12-year-old Karadin looked booked for second place when clear of the remainder before badly breaking down virtually at the winning post.

After watching a video recording of the incident, the stewards considered Quinn had not only failed to dismount but he appeared to push his mount over the line in order tosecure fourth place when passed by two other horses. He was found guilty of improper riding.

Following the inquiry Quinn, whose ban runs from August 19 on days to be notified, said: “In my opinion I did not push the horse over the line and I think getting a 14-day ban is very harsh.

“I will have to get a recording of the incident and watch it with my boss David Pipe before deciding what to do, as nothing like this has happened to me before, but I would not rule out an appeal.” Stewards’ secretary Simon Cowley said: “After hearing evidence from Quinn the stewards found him in breach of Rule 153 and guilty of improper riding in the light of instruction H18.

“He failed to dismount from an obviously injured horse and moreover he appeared to ride the horse over the line to be placed fourth. The maximum for the offence is 14 days and the stewards took the view it was serious enough to warrant such a ban.”

GinaB

Visit site
Thanks TGM for putting that up!

How horrible he deserves the ban! I'm assuming the horse then had to be destroyed? Some people should just not be allowed near animals!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
[ QUOTE ]
"In my opinion I did not push the horse over the line and I think getting a 14-day ban is very harsh."

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!?!
mad.gif
I'm sorry, but what he did was disgusting. I really think the racing industry's disciplinary system needs a complete overhaul IMO, that punishment was just far too lenient and he should have been banned for lile!
mad.gif
mad.gif

x

icestationzebra

Visit site
That disgusts me. I'm afraid this only goes to strengthen my dislike of the racing industry. I know not everyone involved is like this and there are many who take great care of their horses but whilst there are people involved that ONLY see the horse as a money making disposable item and want to win at any cost then the image of racing is going to worsen
frown.gif

I would like to snap one of his legs, sit on his back and hit him with a stick until he moved.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with everyone else and do have to add that THAT is one yard I would not want a horse of mine at from long before this; doesn't look like the new boss will be any better either!

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought one off them in the spring, quite frankly was a mess. No back muscle, took 3 physio sesh' to get his pelvis anywhere near right. Had 3 poison feet before he came sound. Now in the field getting fat!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Unfortunately people keep sending horses to these places. The media is fickle and chooses silly stories such as headbutting and misses the important ones like this. I think racing has to do more or at least be seen to be doing more or else it will find there is more interference from media/govt/welfare.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
My little chestnut had been there and sustained a broke jaw and pelvis which was not treated and the horse was passed on and raced without a break by two other trainers, those that new him before that yard said he was lovely those afterwards said he was horrible - well I wouldn't want to work with a broken jaw and pelvis either!
Also now a lad who used to live on the yard and the stories he tells - I can't say any more but it is a shame that some people racing or not will do anything for money and placings

icestationzebra

Visit site
This story really bothered me so I e-mailed the Jockey Club. Not a rant, just asking whether they thought a two week ban was sufficient in the circumstances. Whether or not the horses injury was fatal - the jockey in question through his behaviour put paid to any chance of recovery that horse may have had by being made to continue. I also asked if they were aware of racings deteriorating image in non-racing circles and what they proposed to do to address it. I got quite a lengthy reply quite quickly. It is on my PC at work but I'll post it tomorrow.