For all those of you who like trawling the internet for things....

Starzaan

Visit site
Help!

I'm thinking of selling my lorry and buying a slightly bigger one, but cannot for the life of me find any examples of similar things on the internet to give me a vague idea of price.

It's a 6.5ton Iveco with day living. Takes two large horses comfortably (my 17.2hh Dutch Warmblood and the enormous ox of a youngster who is 17.3hh and about the same across fit in together with no trouble at all and is a completely divine machine. I love her, but need something a bit bigger. She's affectionately known as the ice cream van!

She's being serviced as we speak and her MOT is next week, so she will be taxed for 6 months with a recent MOT. She was SORN'ed for a year when I first fell ill, and started first time when the MOT guys came to pick her up.

Anyone? I'll give you a snog if you can find me some examples of similar lorries.

Gingersmum

Visit site
Phone a horsebox dealer for a price ? There are plenty of them in back of H & H magazine. They might do a part exchange for you ? Then you will also get a warranty.

(Will pass on the snog, thanks all the same ;) )

superted1989

Visit site
YO bought one that sounds very similar (hers has a side ramp only), 8 months MOT, no tax, 'M' reg, good condition (obviously not showroom condition due to age!) and paid 12k. It had been for sale for ages, at a higher price, YO knew the seller and haggled.
Lovely lorries, wish I could afford one :(

Starzaan

Visit site
YO bought one that sounds very similar (hers has a side ramp only), 8 months MOT, no tax, 'M' reg, good condition (obviously not showroom condition due to age!) and paid 12k. It had been for sale for ages, at a higher price, YO knew the seller and haggled.
Lovely lorries, wish I could afford one :(

Ooh, that's interesting! She does need re-spraying, but I've been quoted just £1400 to do that, so if I get no interest while she's still looking a bit haggard on the outside then I'll have her re-sprayed.

Thank you for the ideas people, I will make some phone calls!