For anyone that's interested...

Bri

Visit site
Following on from my Goresbridge Sales post.
They can't give an average price as it varies so much, but usually the range is between 1-20 k!

miss_bird

Visit site
I did reply to your last post, have been for the last 2 years and it is fab, ys prices do vary from £1000 - £20,000. But the best part is you can look at any horse you are interested in, in their stables. Thee are 2 arena's the horses are ridden in prior to going into the sales ring, and one for buyers to try out any horse they are interested in buying.
Is worth a visit, i will be going on friday, as you can pick up some good horses at very reasonable prices. Thee were alot of people from england last year buying up quite a few horses. I think if you fly from england and buy a horse, goresbridge will give you money back on your flights, or they used to anyway this helps attract overseas buyers.

Bri

Visit site
Ahh thank you!!

Do you know what the monthly sales are like as well? Wondering whether trying to arrange to get over and find somewhere to stay in time for the Sport Horse sale is going to be a bit difficult!

miss_bird

Visit site
No sorry i dont normally go to them, but i think one month it is at cavan equestrian centre and the other month at gorsebridge, so if i was you i would check out if that is still the case. I will as friend into the buying and selling to find out if the monthly sales are any good. But if you can i would try to fly over even if just for the day

Bri

Visit site
We would like too, just bit of a tricky time, as horse is at horse hospital all of next week! Hard to know which is the best day to come over for too!

miss_bird

Visit site
Oh dear why your baby in the horse hospital, hope just a minor thing, it is hard to say which day to go prob best to look at the list and see which day has the most horses you are interested in. if you go friday email what you wearing and will meet for a quick beer

CastleMouse

Visit site
I've been to the performance sales a couple of times, some fantastic horses, well worth going
smile.gif

Bri

Visit site
Nope, he's very lame. Vet doesn't have high hopes for him, poor boy. Hence why we're interested in the sales!

Not sure about the day. To be honest there's plenty on all days that interest us. So I guess we just pick one and hope the horse of our dreams isn't there the day after or something!
smile.gif

miss_bird

Visit site
Very sorry to hear about your poor boy, will you still keep him as a companion. Let me know if you do manage to get to the sales. What sort of horse are you looking for, as have a few friends that breed and would have a variety of horse for sale.

Bri

Visit site
Depends what the diagnosis is. Obviously if it's really bad he'll be PTS, otherwise we hope to keep him as a companion. Such a waste..he's only 5!

Looking for something fairly similar to him, between 15.2-16.2. SJ would be main thing, but able to hunt/do a bit of dressage etc! Preferably a coloured, MW...so not too fussy
grin.gif