for real?

pixie

Visit site
fsckin hell! Those girlies wouldn't last long on this forum, especially with siggies that size!! They would be ripped to shreds if they started posting about how they put something on their horse "because its tres smart" or whatever, lol.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Tres funyy!!!!! LOL
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

miss_bird

Visit site
It does make you laught when you go to shows and it is so obvious what the new trend is.
I remember when i started riding and competing on ponies, we had a basic snaffle bridle and saddle, now you see martingales, 3 ring gags and these fly things on most horses and some of the horse would prob go somuch better if they were not tied down with every new gadget that became fashionable.
The sad thing is most of these horse are so quiet, but something new is worn by one of the top showjumpers and next thing they are on horses and ponies everywhere, do you think this is just lack of knowledge?

JAK

Visit site
*snigger* Equichavs rule, OK - very nice in cream or fawn, to tone in with all those lovely Burberry check accessories their horsey probably already has!
tongue.gif
smirk.gif
grin.gif

Peanot

Visit site
I ride with one of those fly fringes but only when its hot as the flies really bother Rox and I don`t think it`s fair that when we`re waiting around in the sun with all the flies about that she should suffer. I don`t use it in the Winter obviously but I definately didn`t buy it because it was in the trend. I actually prefer not to wear it as I like to see her white star.
But to emphasize that I don`t wear a martingale and she has a comfort bridle with a french link loose ring or a low ported myler, purely for her comfort and not what is `in` at the time. I would love one of the sheepskin numnahs as they look lovely but my saddle is a good fit and so I don`t want to interfere with that so we have a white saddle cloth, a plain one.
I have never bought anything purely because it is in fashion but what is best for my horse.

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I ride with one of those fly fringes but only when its hot as the flies really bother Rox and I don`t think it`s fair that when we`re waiting around in the sun with all the flies about that she should suffer.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I thought any of ours would benefit from having one, I wouldn't hesitate to get them one.......but to just plonk it on the horse as a 'fashion accessory'.........that's just deeply 'sad'!
crazy.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Oh im not dissing fly veils, I have one on mine. I think they look silly and I have already had a moan to Lou today about how much I despise them, but it does work. My coloured is headshy and very very wary of his ears. On jumping he has come into a habit of flinging his head around in wild spasums. I got the physio to check his nack and back to see if there was anything wrong and when she watched him ridden she explained it was his little ears. He was a troubled horse when he came to me
frown.gif

S_N

Visit site
Rosie, it would be safer to use something with a string on it for crowd noise - just in case cotton wook is lost. Like a tampon, soaked in water to expand and then dried. I kid you not - ask JAK!! It's also GREAT for horses who are shy of clipping!!

riotgirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Rosie, it would be safer to use something with a string on it for crowd noise - just in case cotton wook is lost. Like a tampon, soaked in water to expand and then dried. I kid you not - ask JAK!! It's also GREAT for horses who are shy of clipping!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but now I have a mental image of Rosiie riding Oshka with tampons sticking out of his ears!!
grin.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh, never thought about using one for clipping. May have to get one, but for that reason only!

vivhewe

Visit site
Good god are them kids let on the internet on their own? They should try going on something like BBC bitesize instead - might boost their IQ a bit!

horsegirl

Visit site
for god's sake they are kids!! Don't you ever buy something for your horse because it looks nice? That's why so many of you have SO MANY rugs in all different colours because your horses NEED that many. yeah right. Haven't you lot got anything better to do that snigger and bitch about the posts of teenagers?

horsegirl

Visit site
for god's sake they are kids!! Don't you ever buy something for your horse because it looks nice? That's why so many of you have SO MANY rugs in all different colours because your horses NEED that many. yeah right. Haven't you lot got anything better to do than snigger and bitch about the posts of teenagers?