For sale photo omg is it me ?

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
One of my RDA clients was a normal toddler until a horse kicked her pushchair. Paralised, blind and nearly completely deaf. Family did not learn and she has been taken bungy jumping in her wheelchair!

Tarragon

Visit site
I remember walking up Snowdon on a horribly wet and gusty day. We saw a man with what was probably a 10 or 11 year old boy, and he had the boy roped to him as it was so windy. I bet he put that boy off climbing mountains for quite a few years.

Nudibranch

Visit site
My little boy used to have his afternoon nap outdoors Scandi style in his pram regardless of the weather. Snow, ice, whatever. But he was dressed in a snow suit, inside a sheepskin muff, and with the rain cover over the top, and in the shelter of the porch. And never in a million years would I have carried him in a sling while riding!
I'm still horrified on a regular basis by people sharing on social media photos of tiny babies and children lying next to, or even on, dogs. When will they learn? And no, a dog is not a "big brother" or whatever silly anthropomorphic caption goes along with it. Ffs.

wispagold

Visit site
My child's nursery has all the pre-walking children outside (under shelter) in prams for their naps. They are well wrapped up and dressed appropriately for the weather but go outside all year round. Apparently they all sleep really well.

I will admit that when our toddler was 18 months old she went up Pen y Fan and Snowdon (via the Watkins path, which was possibly not the best idea as we didn't realise how eroded it had gotten at the top, but the weather report suggested it was the most sheltered route up). But we were in a group of experienced climbers and mountaineers, suitably dressed with lots of emergency survival equipment and several back up plans. She has been out walking since she was 2 weeks old, has never been bothered by the cold as she is always suitably dressed but doesn't like the wind! We don't take her out if it is obvious she will be miserable. Hot weather is more likely to stop us than cold.

Some of the photos and videos of children and dogs make me wince. It only takes a split second for a disaster to happen. Why take the risk. We have the world's most tolerant cat but I don't want to test that theory and they are not left together unsupervised.

fredflop

Visit site
I have a few...

busy riding school with ponies, children, and yard dogs everywhere. Woman with push chair abandons it in the middle of the yard to sort other child out. Meanwhile dirty yard dog is licking the baby!

at a Hunter trial. Narrow path through the woods. You’d only really need to go down there if walking the course, and it was only one person wide. Two women with a push chair each and a hoard of children went down.

dogs and babies... I’ve given up comment on photos in the FB groups I’m in. Dogs sleeping in a babies cot. Baby sleeping with dog on the sofa. It’s cute, true love, dog sees child as it’s brother/sister. They won’t be as keen on the dog when it turns round and bites

Rokele55

Visit site
I was once hunting a nice little chestnut mare for the owners, dear kind sort but quite bright, if you know what I mean. The owners allowed their precious, only toddler child to rush up and wrap his arms around her leg at the meet. I was terrified... Mare stood like a rock. I have been around horses and children a lot and find the vast majority of horses and dogs will do anything to avoid hurting a child. But you cannot be too careful.

Flicker

Visit site
One parent on our yard who allowed her toddler into the horse walker with her horse while she was getting him off the walker. Couple of us watched behind our hands...